Seconal Sodium Capsules contain 100 mg of Secobarbital Sodium each. It also contains dimethicone, FD&C Red No. 3, FD&C Yellow No. 10, gelatin, magnesium stearate, pregelatinized starch, and titanium dioxide.
We are the only reliable and legit online vendor of Seconal Sodium, pentobarbital (sodium) and other barbiturates.
Also available on our website Nembutal Sodium Sterile Solution for injection, Nembutal Sodium Powder, Nembutal Sodium Oral Solution, Nembutal Sodium Oral Soluble Powder and other barbiturates.
Uses of Secobarbital (and Secobarbital Sodium)
- Treatment of epilepsy
- Temporary treatment of insomnia
- Used as a preoperative medication to produce anaesthesia and anxiolysis in short surgical, diagnostic, or therapeutic procedures which are minimally painful.
Dosage and Administration
Dosages of barbiturates must be individualized with full knowledge of their particular characteristics. Factors of consideration are the patient’s age, weight, and condition.
Adults – As a hypnotic, 100 mg at bedtime. Preoperative, 200 to 300 mg 1 to 2 hours before surgery.
Pediatric Patients – Preoperative, 2 to 6 mg/kg, with a maximum dosage of 100 mg.
Special patient population – Dosage should be reduced in the elderly or debilitated because these patients may be more sensitive to barbiturates. Dosage should be reduced for patients with impaired renal function or hepatic disease.
What should I avoid while taking Seconal Sodium?
- Do not take Seconal Sodium if you have consumed alcohol during the day or just before bed.
- Avoid taking cold or allergy medicine that contains an antihistamine.
- Seconal Sodium may impair your thinking or reactions. You may still feel sleepy the morning after taking this medicine. Wait until you are fully awake before you drive, operate machinery, or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Some people using this medicine have engaged in activity such as driving, eating, walking, making phone calls, or having sex and later having no memory of the activity. If this happens to you, stop taking Seconal Sodium pills and talk with your doctor about another treatment for your sleep disorder.
Stop using Seconal Sodium and call your doctor at once if you have: unusual thoughts or behavior; new or worsening depression; confusion, hallucinations; anxiety, agitation; or thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself.
The sedative effects of secobarbital may be stronger in older adults.
Common side effects may include: drowsiness, feeling tired; “hangover” effect (drowsiness the day after a dose); headache, dizziness; memory problems; dry mouth; upset stomach; or feeling restless or excited (especially in children).